16 April 2006

Rookie Sensation




1/43 Minichamps Williams-BMW FW24
Nico Rosberg Barcelona Test December 3, 2002


December 2004 is a month where I splurged on diecast cars without really having a day job. This is one of the cars I bought. It was on sale at Toronto Motorsports.
The demand for Nico Rosberg memorabilia took a plunge when he was beaten last year by Mark Webber.




17 years, after Keke stepped out of a Williams for the last time, Nico steps into one for the first time. He has half a day at Barcelona in an FW24 as his present from BMW for winning the 2002 Formula BMW Championship in Germany. He impresses everyone in the team with his feedback, application and speed.
On the pitwall, Keke looks on proudly, keeping an eye on his boy as he has done ever since Nico started racing. In fact, as racing dads go, few are more committed than Keke, who has not missed a single one of his son's races since his career began - even when he was karting in North America.
"I try to keep out of his way," says Keke, "but I must confess that I really enjoy watching him. I'm here to help if he needs advice, but otherwise, I try to let him get on with it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home